Another year almost over and a new one will begin in a few hours. Before we go to the resolutions, I have to say that 2015 was a-ma-zing for so many reasons. It was THE year of following my dreams and just do it.
I traveled around the world with my love for literally a year (and 6 days). Ending 2014 and starting 2015 in Sydney, Australia at the Harbour Bridge was MAGICAL. Don’t think I will ever have a better New Years Eve. (Stay tuned for a separate blog post about my travels in Sydney and the rest of Australia.)
When I came back in April I wanted a new adventure straight away. For a long time I was thinking of launching my own blog, but hey, what is the right moment to launch? Once you are online with your blog, you have to update it as much as possible. Not a problem at all, but you have to plan a lot. The only thing you have to think of when you launch is to choose a right moment, when you don’t have so many things on your mind. So.. based on my own good advice, I launched wordsthroughtheeyes on the 1st of December. That day I officially moved to Amsterdam with the boyfriend, while I was on a business trip for work. Great timing……
However, you know what they say; a girl can do ten things at once (my boyfriend does NOT agree on that one!). I cannot believe how many sweet reactions I have received already. It is such an inspiration and it is motivating me even more to grow in 2016 with my blog.
That was 2015 in a nutshell. What about 2016? For the first time I have many resolutions. Here we go….
- The most important thing in life is to be happy. Make sure you laugh often with people you love. Only people can change the world, so surround yourself with those who put a smile on your face!
- Create (more) amazing content. Since I launched wordsthroughtheeyes in December this year, my life has been hectic (with the big movement, business trips, the birthday of my love and the holidays). So I will post more updates in 2016 (ok ok, and I will try to be a bit more organized).
- Learn more about photography. To create amazing content I have to learn more about working with a professional camera. Lucky me, Sony gave me the A6000 (reviewed as the best in Europe in 2015!) with two amazing lenses to test and try some things. In a couple of weeks I will review the camera and lenses and share this with you on the blog.
- Travel again. After traveling the world for more than a year the desire to travel again has grown. I always dream big, but at the same time I have to be realistic. Traveling again for such a long time in a row is not going to happen really soon, but I am determined to travel often to amazing places in 2016. You know what they say; travel is the only thing that makes you richer.
- Meet Amsterdam. I lived in Haarlem (a city next to Amsterdam) for all my life and visited Amsterdam on weekly basis. However, I have the feeling I do not know Amsterdam as good as I should. I am so happy that I get the opportunity to explore the true Amsterdam, now I live in this amazing city. Getting around on my bike feels like a whole new adventure. If you have some inside tips, please let me know.
- Drink (more) water. As I told you before in my blog post about my skin, I’m not used to drinking a lot of water. I only really like it when it’s summer or when I am exercising. Well, in Holland we don’t have a long period with summer days and hate to admit, but I am not Sporty Spice who loves to go to the gym. So, it is clear that something has to change. Correction, I have to change, because my skin is really dehydrated and creams (even the Chanel ones) cannot fix this. So, from tomorrow onwards I will start drinking 2 liter of water every day.
- Get fit again. As you just read, I hate the gym. Never been in a gym that motivated me. But I do like the feeling of being really fit. While I was traveling -being active almost every day- I felt like I was an athlete on world-class level, not kidding. And wow, it felt so good. Now I live in Amsterdam, which is offering nice spots, I will plan to do a workout three times a week. Who am I kidding? I will start with two times a week :-).
Well, I think I have enough to do as I want to work on all of the points above. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what your resolutions for 2016 are!
P.s. I will first finish these delicious Oliebollen, yummy yummy in my tummy!
Enjoy your New Years Eve and have a fantastic 2016 lovelies!